February is here and LOVE is definitely in the air!
I love to decorate my house for the holidays and Valentine’s Day is no different. Traditional wreaths are nice, but I like to think of creative Valentine door hanger crafts to decorate my front door.
This quick and easy LOVE Valentine’s Day plaque is a great alternative to a traditional wreath!
3.5″ Smoothfoam heart
DecoArt Americana paints – Dark Chocolate, Bleached Sand, Mulberry
Americana Weathered Wood Crackle Medium
12″x4″ wood plaque
Low-temp glue gun
8″ length of twine
Chipboard letters – L, V and E
Distress Stickles – Worn Lipstick
Ultra Fine Glitter – Tourmaline
1. Paint the plaque with Dark Chocolate and a flat brush; let dry. Apply crackle medium on top, set aside to dry according to directions on package.
2. Apply Lipstick Stickles to chipboard letters, then sprinkle with Tourmaline Glitter to create a two-tone effect; set aside to dry.
3. Glue one end of the yarn to the back of the Smoothfoam heart. Wrap the yarn around the heart, gluing in random spots until the entire heart is covered. Thread twine through the button, tie in a bow and glue it to the front of the heart.
4. Paint the plaque with a topcoat of Bleached Sand; let dry and crackle. Outline the plaque with Mulberry using a thin, round brush; let dry.
5. Glue the chipboard letters and the yarn-wrapped heart to the plaque.