12” Smoothfoam rod
Four 1″ Smoothfoam eggs
2” Smoothfoam egg
2” Smoothfoam ball
Self-adhesive craft felt
Light brown craft paint
Wiggle eyes, black pom pom
Brown or black chenille stem
Craft knife, scissors, sandpaper
Tacky glue, hot glue gun, toothpicks
1. Cut a 5” length from the Smoothfoam rod. Cut off the top of the 2” egg at the seam. Trim one side of the Smoothfoam ball to fit the bottom of the egg section.
2. Cut a 5″ square of felt, then remove the backing and adhere it around the rod. Cut out and adhere two circles of felt to fit the ends. Cut out 4 droopy ear shapes, remove the backings and put two together, felt sides out, for each ear.
3. Sand the edges of the cut egg and the ball to get a good fit and glue together to make the dog’s head. Paint the head and the smaller eggs (for feet) with two coats and let dry.
4. Attach the head and feet to the body with pieces of toothpicks and secure with glue. Glue the ears, wiggle eyes and pom pom nose to the head. Make a collar for the neck with a strip of felt and a charm.
5. Curl the chenille stem and make a hole at the end of the dog’s body for the tail. Push the stem into the hole and secure with glue.
6. Use a craft knife to carefully cut two or three slits across the back of the doggie to hold notes. Notes can also be pinned to the body instead, like a bulletin board.