I love how my swivel block collage looks with all its inspiring sentiments. Want to display some photos? Just attach them to the sides or back. Each block swivels and spins around so you can see the other sides. There are so many fun papers with matching embellishments, so I want to show off a whole collection in one place and not piece it out.
You will need:
Three 2″ x 4″ x 4″ Smoothfoam blocks
One 2″ x 4″ x 12″ Smoothfoam block
Coordinating scrapbook papers/embellishments (I used Close To My Heart – Ariana)
Adhesive rhinestone flourishes
Inkpad in matching color
Paint brush, pencil
Paper trimmer, scissors
3-D adhesive dots
CraZy Tackz – (tack with a hook)
Toothpicks or wooden skewers
1. For the base: Cut two 4″ x 12″ rectangles from the scrapbook papers. Glue to the front and back of the large Smoothfoam block with Mod Podge. Cut and glue two 2″ x 12″ rectangles of contrasting paper to the top and bottom of the block. Cut and adhere a 2″ x 4″ rectangle to each side. For a perfect fit, trace around each block before cutting.
2. For each block: Cut two 4″ squares for the front and back, and four 2″ x 4″ pieces from coordinating papers and adhere.
3. Smooth out any air bubbles and allow to dry thoroughly. Trim off any excess paper from the edges and then distress the edges by sponging with ink.
4. Arrange and adhere the matching die-cuts and embellishments to each block. Use 3-D adhesive dots to add dimension.
5. To make the blocks swivel, refer to the diagram given and connect the blocks with skewers or toothpicks. Do not glue.
6. Glue the TackZ into each side that you would like to hang ephemera, keys, etc. I like to apply glitter to the stopper of the tackz for added effect.