I have two boys and they are huge into gaming. Of course I am “old school” and played Frogger, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga. The boys are from the world of Mario, Pokémon and so much more! My goal with this sign project that I made for them was to show the superiority of my games…Pac-Man vs. Poké Ball. I think the photo tells the story in one big bite!
1. Draw two intersecting lines through the center of the 8″ disc and cut away the right side with a craft knife for Pac-Man’s mouth. I made my cut a little jagged to make it seem like my Pac-Man has teeth. You can use a hot knife for a smoother cut.
2. Paint this disc with two shades of yellow to add a little variation and let dry. Paint around the outside edge with black and add the eye to the front, let dry.
3. For the Poké Ball, paint the 6″ disc white and let dry.
5. Paint the top part red and the middle area black. Let it all dry, then paint around the edge with black. Let dry.
6. For the sign backer, paint the Smoothfoam sheet black and let dry. Glue both discs to the sheet.