This monogram plaque would be a great project to create instead of a wreath for your front door, or it would also be a cute project for child’s or teen’s bedroom door – the possibilities are endless!
One Smoothfoam 12″ Scrapbook Page Mount
One 9″x12″ sheet Kunin Rainbow Classicfelt – Cadet Blue
Two 9″x12″ sheets Kunin Printzfelt – Paisley
48″ length Decorative Trimmings 5/8″ Rayon Ric Rac – Lime
Beacon Adhesives Felt Glue
16″ length green ribbon
Paper maché monogram letter
Americana Paints – Baby Blue, Wild Orchid
Scissors, scalloped pinking shears
Ruler, pencil or pen, paint brush
1. Paint monogram letter with Wild Orchid, let dry. Paint all four edges of the Smoothfoam sheet Baby Blue, let dry.
2. Measure and cut (plain scissors) both Paisley felt sheets to 6″x12″. Measure and cut (pinking shears) the Cadet Blue felt sheet to 3″ x 12″.
3. Glue the Paisley felt pieces to the top and bottom half of the Smoothfoam. Glue the Cadet Blue felt strip in the center to cover the seam. Trim excess felt from edges, if necessary.
4. Glue the ric rac around the edges of the sheet, let dry. Tie a bow in the center of the green ribbon, flip the Smoothfoam over and glue the ribbon tails to the back, let dry.
5. Glue the painted monogram letter to front, let dry. Hang and enjoy!