I’m a strong believer in accessories. They can turn jeans and a t-shirt into a stylish outfit. This bright summer purse will upgrade any look. The greatest part of the purse? The handles are made from Smoothfoam balls!
Three 1″ Smoothfoam Balls
15″ x 6″ strip of fabric
Embroidery floss in coordinating color
General sewing supplies
1. Fold the fabric strip in half lengthwise, with right sides facing together.
2. Sew along the long edge to create a tube, then pull tube right-side out.
3. Push one ball into the center of the fabric tube. Tie a tight knot on either side of the ball with embroidery floss.
4. Add balls inside the fabric tube on either side of the center ball and tie them off.
5. Fold and stitch the short edges to create a clean edge. Sew the handle onto your favorite purse pattern.
Note: Because the handle is bulky, it works best on purse styles that only need one handle, such as a hobo bag. You could also stitch or glue the handle onto a basket – summery fun!