If you’ve ever had one of those days, here’s your sign!
2″ x 4″ x 8″ Smoothfoam block
Smoothfoam Sheet (any size)
Foam cutting tool
Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paints: Black, Burnt Umber, White, Barn Red, Opaque Yellow
6″ length of jute string
Hot glue gun
1. Cut chicken shape from Smoothfoam sheet.
2. Paint the Smoothfoam block with a base coat of red, let dry.
3. Paint the chicken cut-out with white, the crown with red, and the beak with yellow, let dry.
4. Add black polka dots with pouncer.
5. Paint the words “Kitchen Closed” with white as shown; let dry.
6. Shade the lower half of the letters with burnt umber, shade left and lower outsides of each letter with black.
7. Use hot glue to attach chicken to a Smoothfoam block.
8. Write “This Chick’s Had It” with a marker on a cardboard scrap.
9. Punch holes in the top corners of the cardboard and thread the jute through. Knot the ends and hang the sign around the chicken’s neck.