I don’t know about you, but life in my household is hectic. We needed a place to corral the most important notes. Voilà! A chevron pattern bulletin board that packs a visual punch. No more lost notes!
You will need:
12″ x 12″ Smoothfoam scrapbook page mount
Plaid Folk Art Multi-Surface Paints – Jonquil Yellow and Medium Grey
Frog Tape Shape Tape – Chevron
4 flexible magnet discs with adhesive (hardware store)
1. Paint the Smoothfoam sheet yellow. Allow to dry 24 hours for the paint to fully cure.
2. Mark the Smoothfoam sheet at every inch on both the top and bottom. Cut a 14″ piece of tape and peel off one side of the liner. Center it between the 1″ and 2″ marks. Once positioned, peel off the the second half of the tape and press firmly, wrapping the excess over the edges. Repeat this procedure across the surface, placing the tape every other inch while being certain that the zigzag of the chevron pattern lines up.
3. Paint the spaces between the tape grey. As the yellow is so vibrant, you will likely need 2-3 coats of gray to cover the yellow completely. Allow the paint to dry an hour between each coat. On the final coat, allow the paint to dry 24 hours.
4. Peel away the tape. Magic! Perfect chevron pattern!
5. Add the adhesive magnet discs to the back and your bulletin board is ready to go on the fridge!