This DIY burlap bulletin board and key rack is the perfect multi-purpose message center for any household…made with Smoothfoam!
Decorate your DIY bulletin board and key rack with your favorite background fabric, papers and embellishments.
One 12″ square Smoothfoam sheet
Three 3” Smoothfoam cubes
Burlap fabric – 15″ x 15″
Themed scrapbook papers with coordinating die-cuts or stickers
Clear, round Crazy Tackz (pin hooks)
Small sticky note pad
1/4″ wide ribbon – 12″ length
Thumb tacks, straight pins
1. Wrap and glue the burlap to the Smoothfoam sheet, securing the edges to the back side; place pins in the back to hold burlap in place while the glue dries. Cut the burlap into sections to create a decorative overlapping edges as shown, if desired.
2. To make a hanger, glue the ends of the ribbon to the back of the Smoothfoam sheet, near the side edges. Secure by gluing a thumbtack into each end, allow to dry.
3. Cut five 3″ squares from the scrapbook paper and glue them to the sides of one Smoothfoam block, leaving the back side uncovered. Check to make sure the paper design is going in the right direction on each side. Repeat with the remaining blocks.
4. Adhere a matching die-cut or sticker to each block as shown.
5. Glue the blocks evenly along the bottom edge of the Smoothfoam sheet. Poke a toothpick from the back into each block to secure.
6. Glue a pin hook into the bottom of each block, and also on the front of the burlap bulletin board as shown. Use one of these hooks to hang a pen on a ribbon.
7. Glue some jute string to the back of a small sticky note pad to hang from a pin hook in the center of the burlap message board.