Snowmen have always been one of my favorite things to create all through the winter, I think it’s because I live in Florida and cannot enjoy building an “actual” snowman. Hang this little DIY bobblehead snowman tree ornament where he can move around and watch is head bobble up and down!
One 4″ Smoothfoam ball
DecoArt Americana paints – Titanium White, Country Red, Jack-O-Lantern Orange, Festive Green, Land Black, Petal Pink
DecoArt Craft Twinkles paint – Crystal
Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
White craft foam
12″ length of 24 gauge wire
Paintbrush, sandpaper, skewer
Scissors, pencil, paper
Wire cutters, craft knife
12″ length of elastic cord
1. Sand away the edges of the center seam of the Smoothfoam ball. Insert a skewer in the ball to use as a handle. Paint the ball with a thick, textured coat of white and let dry.
2. Draw his head, scarf, two arms with mittens and two legs with ice skates on white craft foam. Cut out each piece and paint as shown, let dry.
3. Paint the head, ball (body), arms and legs with Craft Twinkles, let dry. Glue his scarf to the bottom of his head. Coil the wire around a pencil and glue the coil to the back of his head and let dry.
4. Cut four slits in the Smoothfoam ball with a craft knife to insert the arms and legs. Test each limb in the slits first for fit, then glue them in to secure.
5. Remove the skewer from the ball. Bend the tip of the wire coil on the back of the head at 1/2″ and insert it into the ball with a little glue, approximately 1/2″ from the top hole. To make a loop for hanging, tie the ends of the elastic cord together in a knot and push the knot into the top hole with a little glue and let dry. Now your DIY bobblehead snowman tree ornament is ready for display!