Smoothfoam is so versatile and customizable that I use it in a lot of home décor projects. It is less expensive then traditional stretched canvas and can be cut to fit your specific space requirements. It is also lightweight and takes paint beautifully with no special priming or gesso.
Now on to my project!
“IF KISSES WERE SNOWFLAKES I’D SEND YOU A BLIZZARD”
Smoothfoam Sheet – 1/2″ x 12″ x 36″
Beacon Adhesives Felt Glue
Americana Paint – Titanium White
Design Master ColorTool Spray – Flat White
Assorted lace doilies
Foam alphabet letters
Paintbrush, ruler, scissors, white eraser
Hot foam cutting tool
1. Cut the Smoothfoam sheet to 12″x18″ with the heat tool. Paint a base coat of Titanium White and let dry.
2. Arrange and glue some doilies on the sheet however you like and set aside to dry. Trim away any excess doily pieces from the edges of the sheet.
3. Measure and draw nine very light pencil lines 1″ apart as shown. Apply foam letters to create the quote, placing each word on a separate line, then gently erase the pencil lines.
4. Even though all the materials are white, the shades are just a bit different, so spray a top coat of Design Master Flat White to create a perfectly matte white art panel.
5. Prop up on the mantle or a table. For hanging on the wall, glue a 12″ piece of ribbon to the back.