Wow, August is almost over! Summer vacations provide so many photo opps…fun times with friends and family. This mini accordion-fold scrapbook cube is perfect for tucking away little mementos & reminders of your summer getaways. It would be fun to make mini scrapbook cubes commemorating any season, or holiday, or a special event like a baby’s birth or a wedding!
3″ Smoothfoam cube
12″ sheets of cardstock with coordinating papers and embellishments
( I used the “Surf’s Up” assortment from Close To My Heart)
Rubber stamps and ink pads
Die-cuts, mini-envelopes, ephemera, photos
Cosmetic sponge wedge
Paper trimmer and scoring tool
1. Cut a sheet of cardstock into four 3″ x 12″ strips. Score each strip at 3″ intervals and fold accordion style.
2. Cut contrasting papers into 2-3/4″ squares and adhere a square to each panel of the cardstock on both sides for all four strips. Adhere a strip to each of the four sides of the cube.
3. Embellish the squares on each strip as desired with photos, die-cuts, etc. Tuck little notes and other ephemera into mini pockets.
4. Adhere a finished strip to each side of the cube, then adhere a square of paper to the top and bottom of the cube.
3. Display your mini accordion-fold scrapbook open, or secure by tying a length of jute twine around the cube.