Who says hearts have to be red or pink? As I was cleaning and reorganizing my studio, I found that I had a lot of art papers in blues and greens with gold accents. I was reminded of beautiful pictures I’ve seen on Pinterest of Marrakech-inspired home décor and those gorgeous blue and gold Moroccan tiles. Plus I had lots of Smoothfoam dimensional hearts leftover from Valentine’s Day projects – so I made these “Morocco Blue” ornaments. You could even use photos in the center instead of art papers.
You will need:
- Smoothfoam panorama hearts
- Handmade or decorative art papers
- Mod Podge
- Krazy Glue for Crafts
- Craft paints – turquoise blue, gold
- Paint brush
- Clear gold stickers, charms, gems
- Straight pins
1. Paint the Smoothfoam hearts turquoise blue, front and back; let dry.
2. Dry-brush a little gold paint around the edges of each heart; let dry.
3. Cut hearts from the decorative paper to fit the center of the Smoothfoam hearts. Adhere and seal each paper heart to the Smoothfoam with Mod Podge and let dry.
4. Embellish as desired with clear gold stickers, and use the Crazy Glue to accent with charms and gems.
5. Pin a ribbon loop to the top of each heart for hanging.