One of my favorite things to do to get ready for spring and summer is to fix-up my yard. In the warm months, my family likes to use the backyard as an addition to our home. We eat many meals, read, and relax outside as much as we can. Creating a beautiful environment with pretty décor makes the yard a more inviting place and encourages everyone to get outside and enjoy the nice weather.
One charming way to make your backyard feel like a retreat is to hang sweet & colorful ornaments from tree branches. This mini-bird wreath will bring joy and color to your yard. It’s also a nice way to bring a touch of nature indoors or use it to decorate a special gift.
4″ Smoothfoam round wreath
Decorative bird (try the dollar bins of your local craft store)
Green felt scraps
1. Wrap yarn around the Smoothfoam wreath and secure the ends to the back with glue.
2. Cut leaves from green felt. You only need a little, so this is a great project to use up small scraps.
3. Arrange leaves and buttons around the base of the wreath to represent flowers. Use my project photo as a guide for placement, or create a placement that is pleasing to you.
4. Glue buttons and leaves in place. Glue the bird to sit inside the wreath.
5. Tie a ribbon around the top of the wreath to use as a hanger.