It’s that time of year again. Crisp fall air, leaves changing colors, apples and, of course, pumpkins! Here’s a rustic pumpkin centerpiece that will look great on your table all season long.
1. Draw or print a pumpkin graphic on the transfer paper.
2. Lay the transfer paper on the Smoothfoam sheet and carve around the outline using either a Hotwire Foam Cutter or craft knife.
3. Trace around inside lines of the pumpkin graphic using a small stylus.
4. Remove the transfer paper.
5. To create the deep grooves in the pumpkin, fold a small piece of sand paper in half and rub it along inside lines. If necessary, sand any rough areas around the outside of the pumpkin.
6. Cut a rough base and picket fence post from the leftover Smoothfoam pieces.
7. Paint the inside grooves of the pumpkin first with the black and let dry. Paint the rest of the pumpkin with burnt orange. Paint the stem, picket fence and base in brown and grey as shown.
8. Glue the pieces together – the finished overall size of my centerpiece is 6-1/2″ wide x 7-1/2″ tall.