Who says you can’t enjoy the clover a little longer? This decorative pot of shamrocks doubles as a photo holder, so you can display your St. Patrick’s Day party pictures or cute springtime photos of the family. Learn how to create this flower pot picture holder below.
Want a chance to WIN $100 worth of Smoothfoam sheets and shapes? Just leave on comment on this post (click the “replies” link below) and come back to leave a comment on every post in March to enter! That’s up to 31 chances to win…good luck!
4” terra cotta pot
4” Smoothfoam ball
100 (approx) ½” green pom-poms
16” length of green plaid ribbon
Green acrylic shamrock
Woodsies hearts: 9 small and 12 medium
7 wood craft picks
DecoArt Americana Paint: Kelly Green and Sour Apple
Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
1. Paint the pot with Sour Apple and the Smoothfoam ball with Kelly Green; allow both to dry.
2. Glue the ball halfway into the pot and glue pom-poms over the top of the ball.
3. Glue two small hearts to either side of a craft pick about ¾” down from the top. Glue a third small heart over the first two. This will leave a slot between the craft pick and the top heart where you can slide in a photo or card. Allow to dry. Repeat with the rest of the small and medium hearts to make a total of 3 small and 4 medium shamrocks.
4. Paint all the shamrocks Kelly Green; allow to dry. Dry brush the shamrock centers and some of the edges with Sour Apple.
5. Wrap the ribbon around the rim of the pot, glue into place, and trim off the excess. Make a bow with the remaining ribbon and glue it over the ends. Glue the acrylic shamrock over the top of the bow.
6. Poke the ends of each shamrock into the foam ball. Trim some of the craft picks shorter as desired for varied height in the arrangement.