Hello friends! We are nearing wedding season. I have been looking on Pinterest at wedding cakes. We have a wedding coming up this summer in my family and I have turned my attentions to wedding decorations, cakes, flowers, clothing, etc.
I needed some mini wedding cakes for tabletop decorations – I decided to use Smoothfoam and my hot wire foam cutter to create some of my own.
You will need:
3″ Smoothfoam block (for cake)
Acrylic craft paint
Craft stick, wood skewers
Paintbrush, jar, toothpicks
Mini paper flowers and leaves
Rhinestone trim with adhesive back
Hot wire foam cutter
Hot glue, scissors
1. Cut three pieces from the Smoothfoam block (1″ thick) – 3″ square for the bottom layer of the cake, 2-1/2″ square for the middle layer and a 2″ square for the top.
2. Mix two drops of paint into a quarter cup of modeling paste and blend thoroughly with a craft stick.
3. Use a skewer as a handle by poking it into each block of foam. Brush each piece with the tinted modeling paste and stand the skewers in a jar to dry thoroughly.
4. Attach the three cake layers together with toothpicks and secure with hot glue.
5. Decorate your cake with the paper flowers, leaves and rhinestone trim – or try mini pearls, ribbon, jewels, or glitter.