Today is the last day of the Handmade Holidays Blog Hop – we hope you’re getting lots of great ideas for gifts and décor!
Check out the new blogs in the hop at the bottom of this post – and enter to win a huge prize package full of crafty swag!
Now here’s sweet gift for your friends who have a sweet tooth.
The best part about these cupcakes is that the calorie count is absolutely ZERO! Perfect for these otherwise calorie-laden holidays…
You will need:
3” Smoothfoam ball (one for each cupcake)
1” Smoothfoam ball (one for each cupcake)
Decorative cord trim
DecoArt Americana Patio Paint – Red
Elmer’s Spray Adhesive
½” flat paintbrush
Small sponge dauber
Silver foil cupcake liners
Toothpicks, straight pins
1/8” hole punch, scissors
1. Cover the top half of the 3″ ball liberally with an even coat of glue. Use the center seam of the ball as a guide.
2. Starting at the hole at the top of the ball, attach the end of the cord with a straight pin. Leaving about a ½” circle around the hole, coil the trim around the ball on top of the glued area. Secure the opposite end with a straight pin, then trim off the excess cord.
3. Push the 1″ ball onto the end of a toothpick to use as a handle as you paint it red with the sponge dauber for a subtle textured finish. You can use any kind of red craft paint, or even a paint marker, but Patio Paint will leave a nice shiny finish. Let dry, then insert into the top of cupcake with the toothpick.
4. Spray plain white cord trim with adhesive then sprinkle lightly with glitter. Trim the toothpick in the base of the “cherry” to about 1” then insert into the top of cupcake. Glue the bottom half of the ball into a cupcake liner. I used 2 liners together for more stability.
5. Print a sentiment from your computer (or use a sticker) on to cardstock and trim out into a mini flag or banner shape. Punch 2 small holes into one end of the flag, insert a colored toothpick, then push the opposite end into the top of the cupcake in between the coiled cord.
We hope you have enjoyed our Smoothfoam holiday projects…we literally had a ball making them for you! Enjoy the rest of the hop and be sure to enter to win the big prize!
Clearsnap | Craft Attitude – Johnathan Fong | Smoothfoam
Donna Salazar Designs | Walnut Hollow | 100 Proof Press
Graphic45 | ICE Resin | Stampendous | Jen Goode
Sizzix – Eileen Hull | Jamie Dougherty | Nathalie Kalbach
Kathy Cano-Murillo | Tanner Bell | Jennifer Priest
Jen Cushman | Adrienne Ford | Joanne Fink
Vicki O’Dell | Denise Hahn | Courtney Chambers
Tami Mayberry | Norma Rapko | Liz Hicks | Cheryl Waters