Smoothfoam discs: one 6″; two 8”; one 10”
1” Smoothfoam ball
7 bamboo skewers
Craft paint – white or color
1” wide ribbon
1 sheet plain paper
Paint brush, craft knife, scissors, palette knife
Hot glue gun
1. Paint all the Smoothfoam pieces and skewers, let dry.
2. Trace a circle on paper using the 8” Smoothfoam disc. Cut out the circle and fold it into eighths. Mark a point ½” from the edge on each fold line except one. This will be the pattern for the placement of the skewers. Mark the pattern on each 8” disc using the skewer.
3. Glue one 8” disc to the 10” disc. Trim skewers to height desired. Use pattern to push the skewers into the base; glue another 8” disc on top. Glue the 6″ disc to the top of the 8″ disc. If desired, cut a slice off the top of a 6″ Smoothfoam ball to create a dome for the gazebo. Sand the edges and glue to the top disc. Glue the 1” ball to the center top.
4. Apply modeling paste to the seam between the top disc and dome. Add more paint to cover.
5. Glue flowers around top of gazebo. Glue ribbon around the base edges.