If this project looks familiar, it’s because it’s a variation of a project I did last year celebrating Valentine’s Day. I decided to update the design by carving very small letters and backing it with a piece of Rowlux for a stained glass effect. This was so fun to make that I might just have to make several for my friends and family!
12″ Smoothfoam Scrapbook Mount – scrap piece
Sulky Stick’n Carve Printable Transfer sheets
Hot Wire Foam Factory – Hot Wire Tool
Folk Art Chalkboard Paint – Black
Paint pens – opaque white, red, blue
Floating picture frame
Paint brush / Scissors / glue roller
You are welcome to download my artwork (JPG files) for your personal use; it is larger than letter size, so you need to save and print both halves, then tile them together. Click here for the top half, and click here for the bottom half.
1. Print the artwork on to the Sulky Stick’n Carve Printable Transfer Sheets. Cut the heart out and write “Crazy 4 You” in the center of the heart using the paint pen. Peel off the backing release paper and apply the Sulky sheet to the Smoothfoam piece.
2. Use the hot wire foam cutting tool to carve the heart and the words out of the Smoothfoam sheet.
3. Paint the Smoothfoam heart with the chalkboard paint. Let dry, Decorate with the paint pins.
3. Use the Sulky heart pattern to cut out a heart shape from the Rowlux.
5. To give it the floating effect, I used a bit of glue roller adhesive to attach the carved heart onto a floating frame.