Who says a fall wreath filled with bright sunflowers has to be round? With Smoothfoam rods, you can easily construct a unique square or diamond shape for your autumn décor.
Four 12″ Smoothfoam rods
Joy Embroidered Letters
Masking or duct tape
Brown paper grocery bag
Silk leaves, berries, flowers
Ink pad, hole punch
Twine, scissors, wire cutters
Craft knife, sandpaper
1. Cut each rod end at a 45-degree angle in opposite directions. Smooth with sandpaper and connect the junctions with tape.
2. Tear brown paper into 2” strips and scrunch them to wrinkle. Wrap the wreath form with the strips, tacking them down with sequin pins.
3. Cut the leaves, flowers and berries off their wire picks and glue them on the bottom corner of the wreath, working up the two sides.
4. To make the bunting, cut small flags from cardstock and glue the embroidered letters to each flag. Distress the edges of the flags with the ink pad. Punch a hole in each flag and string them on twine, then tie the ends around the wreath.
5. Tie or glue a loop of twine at the top to hang.