Hang this on your fridge and count down the days until Santa arrives!
8″ Smoothfoam disc
Scrap sheet of Smoothfoam
Americana Decor Chalky Finish Paint – Valentine
Americana Chalkboard Paint – Black
Dazzling Metallics Shimmering Silver paint
JudiKins Diamond Glaze
Westcott Hobby Knife
The Buckle Boutique Self-Adhesive Rhinestones – black
Wire, silver ribbon, glue gun
Sandpaper, pencil, paintbrush, chalk, small magnets
1. Paint the Smoothfoam disc with red chalky paint. Let dry.
2. Trace a 7″ circle in the center and paint inside it with chalkboard paint – apply 3 coats and let dry.
3. Cut a single strip of self-adhesive rhinestones and press around the outside of the chalkboard circle.
4. Using the curved edge of disc as a guide, draw and cut a rectangular piece from a scrap sheet of Smoothfoam for the top (sand the edges smooth) and paint it silver. Let dry.
5. Coat the red surface of the disc with Diamond Glaze. Let dry.
6. Glue the silver top to the ornament and glue 3 magnets on the back of the ornament.
7. Make a wire loop and glue to the top of the ornament. Tie a long piece of ribbon to the loop and tie a piece of chalk to the opposite end.
8. To “season” the chalkboard area, cover with chalk, then wipe it clean – the surface is now ready to use as a chalkboard.