This was one of our Make & Take projects that we shared in our booth at the 2014 Craft & Hobby Association Mega Show. Fill it up with sweets for someone special!
You will need:
2″ Smoothfoam ball (cut in half)
1″ Smoothfoam ball
White braided cord trim
May Arts baker’s twine
Little B cupcake stickers
Aleene’s Fast Grab Glue
AdTech Cool Temp Glue Gun
Foam glue sticks
1-½” scalloped circle punch
1/8″ hole punch
Tape, craft picks, straight pin
Red craft paint or paint marker
Scissors, craft knife
1. Push a craft pick into the 1” ball to use as a handle. Paint the ball red. Let dry.
2. Cut about 34” of cord. Before cutting, wrap tape around the cord then cut thru the center of the tape to prevent the cord from unraveling.
3. With the lid on the jar, use the glue gun to glue the half-ball on top of the lid and the red ball to the top of the half-ball. Use the paint brush to cover the surface of the half ball with a generous coat of Fast Grab glue.
4. Starting on top of the lid (base of the half ball), attach one end of the cord to the half ball with a straight pin then wrap the cord around the half ball. Tuck the opposite end under the red ball at the top and secure with a pin.
5. Punch a scalloped circle from white card stock, then punch a small hole near the edge for the tag. Wrap bakers twine a couple of times around the rim of the lid then add the gift tag. Embellish the gift tag with a 3D cupcake sticker.