This is a fun and easy foam Easter bunny craft that kids can make to decorate the dinner table. Learn how to make your own DIY Easter bunny below.
One each – 1″ and 2″ Smoothfoam eggs
1” Smoothfoam ball
Acrylic paints: gray, white, pink
Gray felt scraps
1/8” wide ribbon
Small pompoms – pink, gray
Sandpaper or emery board
Craft knife, paintbrush, scissors, bamboo skewers
1. Cut 1” egg in half. Trim small ends and flatten on table top. Trim top and bottom from 2” egg. Sand the bottom of the ball and seams and edges of all pieces.
2. Paint all pieces gray. For ease of painting, push skewers into bottoms of pieces. Let dry by standing in a jar. Glue head to body. Glue half-eggs onto body for feet.
3. Mix gray and white paints and stipple the bunny’s tummy. Cut arms and ears from felt. Paint ears pink in centers. Add pink dots for cheeks with the end of a skewer.
4. Poke small holes in head and glue ears in holes. Glue arms to sides of body. Glue ribbon around neck and glue a bow over the ribbon. Cut small pieces of yarn and glue to head between ears. Glue wiggle eyes and pompoms to bunny.
5. Add details with a permanent pen if desired.