Every garden needs a baby turtle…this little guy will add character to any planter.
2″ Smoothfoam ball
1” Smoothfoam balls
DecoArt Americana paints: Kelly Green, Sour Apple, Peony Pink
Lime green craft foam
Serrated knife, scissors
Green felt pen
1. Cut a 2” Smoothfoam ball in half with a serrated knife for the turtle shell.
2. Slice a small piece off one side of a 1” ball for the turtle head.
3. Cut another 1” ball into quarters for the feet.
4. Paint the shell with Kelly Green and paint the other pieces with Sour Apple; let dry.
5. Glue the head to the shell and glue the feet under the shell as shown; let dry.
6. Cut small shapes from craft foam for the shell markings and glue them on randomly.
7. Glue wiggle eyes to the head. Add cheeks with a dot of pink paint (use the end of your paintbrush or a pencil eraser). Draw a mouth, eyebrows, nostrils and toes with the felt pen.