What I loved about making this clock (besides the fact that it was easy and fun!) was being able to gather some of my favorite stickers, stamps, bottle caps, game pieces and other ephemera into pretty clusters all around the clock face.
It reminds me to slow down a bit and savor my creative time.
Want a chance to WIN $100 worth of Smoothfoam sheets and shapes? Just leave on comment on this post (click the “replies” link below) and come back to leave a comment on every post in March to enter! That’s up to 31 chances to win…good luck!
10″ Smoothfoam disc
3-1/2″ Smoothfoam half-heart
DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint – Buttermilk, Tomato Red
Tim Holtz idea-ology Salvage Stickers – Crowded Attic
Tim Holtz idea-ology Clear Stamps – Life’s Possibilities
Tim Holtz idea-ology Game Pieces
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Vintage photo
Tsukineko Versa-Fine Ink
Plastic Word Beads
Bottle Caps, assorted card making embellishments
Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
Clock movement kit
1. Paint disk with two coats of Buttermilk; allow to dry.
2. Paint half-heart with two coats of red; allow to dry.
3. Refer to the photo (click to enlarge) to stamp the disc with clock and bird stamps.
4. Rub the edges with distress ink and a sponge.
5. Embellish as desired—be sure the elements do not block the path of the clock’s hands.
6. Attach a clock movement following the kit directions.